Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Choosing oilfilter for the Toyota Previa

Time to change the oil in the Previa.. So what did I choose?

I decided to go for a one with anti-drain-valve, also known as non return valve (Backspärrventil / Backventil in Swedish). This keeps the oil in the oilchannels when the Engine is turned off, so there should be more oil availble when restarting the Engine. = Less friction when starting = better.

I decided to go for a "brand" name, Bosch. At least you hope that the Check and Control lines are good.. There were cheaper oil filters available but they were "nonames" so didnt want to gamble. I rather pay a Little extra.


This is what I ordered.. Bosch 0986 452 044, made in South Africa.

Oilfilter: Bosch

Compatible with:
90915YZZJ3 (Toyota filter made in China)
90915YZZD4 (made in Thailand)



This is the one I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment